Changing Futures Fund
Worcestershire County Council launched its Changing Futures Fund in early April. The County wants to use the fund to strengthen and develop voluntary and community sector organisations (VCS). It is the responsibility of the County’s VCS Unit and is part of efforts to achieve the County Council’s vision of a prosperous Worcestershire. The Changing Futures Fund is a three year programme worth £750,000. WCVYS members will be eligible to access the fund. Organisations will need to make application to the VCS Unit for support and if this application is approved by VCS unit they will pay for a number of days support from people and organisations, such as WCVYS. The maximum amount of support they will pay for is 3 days. This excludes diagnostic support which is a maximum of half a day. The VCS Unit has a list of Approved Providers, WCVYS is one of them, others can be viewed on the VCS Unit webpages www.worcestershire.gov.uk/voluntary.
Information about their areas of expertise is provided to help you make your choice and if your organisation needs help defining the support you require your organisation can apply for a Diagnostic Support Package.
The support packages include:
- Diagnostic Support Package. If you want help clarifying what you need from the Fund you can apply for a small diagnostic support package. This will provide you with the means to bring in an Approved Provider to help you to define your needs.
- Professions Support Package. This includes financial, human resources and information technical support.
- Organisational Set-Up Package. This package provides the range of support needed to set up a new organisation.
- Financial sustainability package. This package provides help to produce business plans, pricing policy, cash flow and budgeting.
- Marketing Support Package. This package will provide support to reach the markets and customers.
- New Ways of Working Package including asset transfers. This package provides support and advice on developing innovative ways of working and delivering services.
- The Procurement Package. This package provides you with the support to bid to provide public services under commission.
- The Fund Raising Package. This package provides support to identify sources of funding and how to bid.
- Understand outcomes and measuring Your Value Package. This package will help organisations identify and measure the value an organisation is generating so commissioners and funders know the quality of an organisation’s work.
In order to apply for support from the Fund, fill in an application form.
Further information can be found at http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/voluntary-and-community-sector/vcs-changing-futures-fund.aspx